As Yammer integrates with M365, tyGraph for Yammer customers are expanding their reports to accommodate updated Authentication, User Active Directory Attributes, Reads, and SharePoint File activity. In this article we will outline the approval process for enabling these new features.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Application Approval Steps
This section outlines how to authorize this component and what the process will look like.
- Have a Tenant Administrator Sign in to tyGraph Online (https://home.tygraph.com/Main/AuthorizeYammer)
- Click Authorize Harvester
- You may need to authenticate if you were not signed into tyGraph Online already. Click accept at this window so tyGraph Online can know who you are.
- Select Grant Consent
- You may be asked to re-authenticate
- Review the App Permissions
- Click Accept.
- You will receive a notification screen that the Sign-up was successful. tyGraph will begin connecting to AD data which will be reflected across all approved reports within 48 hours.
- As shown on page 2, this will register an enterprise application named “tyGraph for Yammer Plus” which can be revoked at any time.
Active Directory Attributes
A complete user profile is essential to understanding your organizational behavior and analyzing user behavior. At tyGraph we seamlessly integrate Active Directory data into all reports to empower your analysts understand situations like: messages posted by country, OneDrive storage by region, or increasing engagement in certain business units.
Active directory connections are approved by default for tyGraph for SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Enterprise. If you authorized tyGraph for Yammer as a stand-alone product, Active Directory permissions are not granted to us by default.
The following is a list of the default Active Directory attributes that we collect for tyGraph for SharePoint, OneDrive, Enterprise, Pulse, Teams, or Yammer Plus.
The application which collects this data is independent from Yammer permissions or our Yammer signup process. Once you approve the application (shown on next page) you will see it as “tyGraph for Yammer Plus” in your Enterprise Applications blade in Microsoft Azure.