This applies to any product deployed in the Power BI service. Please sign in with your Office 365 login to https://app.powerbi.com/ to follow this guide. You will need to have access to the workspace to follow these steps.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Once you are in the workspace:
- Select the "All" tab
- Select "Refresh now" - This will bring your data up to date immediately.
Next we want to automate this to continue refreshing without our prompt. Click "Schedule Refresh"
Open the "Scheduled Refresh" panel
Turn "Keep your data up to date" to On
Set scheduled times if you like.
Click the workspace name on the left to go back to the original menu.
Need Help Finding Your Dataset?
The dataset will be in a workspace, which you can get to one of two ways:
Navigate from an App
- Go to the Apps page. Located on the left menu.
- Hover over the app and click Pencil Icon.
Search for Workspace
- Click the Workspaces item on the left menu.
- Search for Workspace Name (it will be the same as the app).
- Click Workspace Name.
You can always go to the workspace overview and observe your last refresh time, the next scheduled run, and initiate a refresh manually. When in doubt check here to see the status of your dataset refresh.