This is a summary of all tooltips on the latest tyGraph for Teams report. All tooltip items are brief descriptions of the visual and calculation, limited to 250 characters.
Universal Items – Toolbar
- This is a rolling filter that is enabled by default. Use this to select a rolling range of recent dates. You can erase this slicer to select specific dates (below) outside the rolling range. You can glance to the “Report Period" element at anytime to see the overall filter
- Narrow the data down to a set of teams that you’d like to analyze. You can search for a team name at the top of the drop-down list.
- Select a subset of channels using the check boxes below. You can search for a channel name at the top of the drop-down list.
- Define Channel Engagement Your Way Choose the activities below to define "Engagement." Any team, channel, or user with any one of your selected actions will be counted once as engaged. The non weighted total will constitute the MAE Score.
- Our Logo will redirect you to our website: https://tygraph.com/
- This title will dynamically list all teams that you have currently selected.
- Looking for more information? Click here for detailed articles and terms on our website! This will redirect you to our support site: https://support.tygraph.com/
- Have Questions? Click this button to go to the FAQ Page. You can also hover over the question icons at the top of any visual.
- This shows you the report period for the page you are on. This is very important if you have both report and page filters applied either from the slicers on the left or from the filter UI on the right. Always check your date range before you export!
- This shows the most recent date in the dataset. If the date is behind what you expect, check if the dataset has refreshed. If you are in tyGraph Online please contact support or your Admin immediately.
This page gives an overview of how your network is performing. The colour and indicator for engaged teams/members compares the same number from the previous reporting period. You should always strive to beat your engagement from the previous period.
Total teams that have had at least one MAE Action for the period divided by teams for the same period. Teams are counted once regardless of activity volume. The indicator & colour compares engaged teams from this period against the previous period.
Total users that had at least one MAE Action for the period divided by all users for the same period. Users are counted once regardless of activity volume. The indicator & colour compares engaged teams from this period against the previous period.
The coloured portion all teams that had a MAE Action within the report period. The gauge baseline is total teams that were created and had not been deleted before any date in the report period.
The coloured portion are any users who took a MAE Action within the report period. The gauge baseline is total unique users with a M365 licence in the report period. You can refine this baseline by filtering licences in the filter pane (right edge).
This score rewards users who get responses, reactions on their messages, or hold broad connections across the company. Influencer Score = ([ContributionPoints] + [ImpactPoints] + [BreadthPoints]) *[ReachPoints] /100.
Contribution - Points for your actions. Starting a thread= 2 Pts, Message = 1 Pt, Reaction= .5 Pts.
Impact - Points for reactions you get. Replies from others, Reactions received, mentions of you = 1 Pt.
Breadth - Channels you're a member * 100
Reach - Total unique users you've interacted with.
Analyze the trend of conversations over time.
This visual contains a dynamic date axis which can be manipulated using the drilldown icons in the visual header. (shown below)
See what teams or channels are most engaged.
MAE Score = The sum of actions you have selected in the MAE Score Metrics filter (right). This visual contains a dynamic team>channel axis which can be manipulated in the visual header. (shown below)
8. Click a team or channel above and then select this button to navigate to the Team/Channel Detail Page for that item.
9. Click a team or channel above and then select this button to navigate to the Sentiment Analysis Page for that item.
10. Click a team or channel above and then select this button to navigate to the Network Diagram Page for that item.
- Percentage change in voice calls from the previous period to the current report period.
- Total Voice calls per user in the Report Period. For example if three uses join the same voice call that call will be counted three times.
- Percentage change in meetings from the previous parallel period to the current one.
- Total meetings attended in the Report Period. Each users meeting is counted so if three users each attended the same meeting the count would be three.
- The percentage change in all messages in teams from the previous parallel period to the current period. This includes both Chat and Channel messages.
- The total messages (Chat+Channel) posted in the report period.
- The percentage change in active users in teams from the previous report period to the current one. A user is active if they’ve participated in a meeting, voice call, or posted a chat or channel message. This is not the same as an engaged member.
- The total unique users who have had teams activity in the report period. A user is active if they’ve participated in a meeting, voice call, or posted a chat or channel message. This is not the same as an engaged member.
- A total of unique users with activity by various activity types. The same user can be in multiple categories. This visual contains a dynamic axis allowing you to change the aggregation using the up and double down arrows at the top.
- A comparison of the five most recent weeks worth of meetings attended week over week. You can expand or change the number of weeks included in the visual filter. To do this, select this chart and open the filter pane on the right panel.
- This a comparison of meetings attended by months from each year. This allows you to analyze for seasonality or validate your long-term adoption strategy. You can also click the up arrow to aggregate this by quarter as well.
- Total activity volume over time. As with other visuals the date axis aggregation can be changed using the up and double down arrows at the top of the visual.
- A detailed expansion of the above activities by your organization hierarchy. This can be manipulated by up and double down arrow that appears when you hover over the visual.
- A count of unique users who have been posting chat in the report period but have not participated in any meetings or posted in a channel. This is in a dynamic organization hierarchy so you can navigate up and down to different levels.
- This is a count of unique users who have posted participated in teams meetings but have not posted in a channel conversation. You can click the ellipsis in the top right corner of this chart to see an option to export this data to excel.
- A count of unique users who have been participating in meetings but have not posted in any channel conversations. This is in a dynamic organization hierarchy so you can navigate up and down to different levels.
- This is a count of unique users who have participated in teams meetings but have not posted in a channel conversation. You can click the ellipsis in the top right corner of this chart to see an option to export this data to excel.
Organization Adoption (Continued)
- Total channels currently in existence on the tenant.
- Total tabs on the teams in your selection.
- Total of all text posted in teams or channels. This includes both posts and responses in a channel. A message can be categorized by Type, Importance, subject etc.
- How responsive is your team or channel? The average time between each message in a thread including the initiating message. This can be aggregated at the Channel or Team level. Example: John posts on 1 Dec gets a reply on 2 Dec, and then a user comments again on 7 Dec, the Avg = (1+6)/2 = 3.5. The average is NOT the difference between the second comment and the original thread date which would incorrectly =(1+7)/2 = 4
- Total team members for the report period.
- Total team members who joined a team or teams in the report period.
- Total users who were not engaged but are members of the team/teams.
- This visual contains the same Team/Channel Hierarchy as the MAE Score Visual on the Recent Activity page.
- Team members who have taken any one of your defined MAE Actions in the report period divided by the total unique members of that team.
- The percentage of replies from a member (cannot be the thread initiator) that were not mentioned in the initiating thread. Excludes chat messages. This quantifies the percentage of replies from a user jumping into a conversation.
- Team member list for the team or teams you have selected. If you have multiple teams selected it will count the teams they own and are members of. The Team Join Date shows the earliest of all team join dates if you don’t have a team selected.
- Who are my top users?
Users sorted by Messages. The bar chart can also be sorted by likes or mentions by clicking the ellipsis and selecting the desired sort attribute. (same with any visual)
- Message volume over time. This visual contains a dynamic date axis which can be manipulated using the drilldown icons in the visual header. (shown below).
- Sentiment is measured on a scale of zero to one. This is an average of sentiment for messages in the current selection. See Sentiment Tracking page for details.
- A list of team members who joined teams in the report period. You can also use the up arrow to aggregate this by organization unit like Job Title or Department.
- A list of team members who left teams in the report period. You can also use the up arrow to aggregate this by organization unit like Job Title or Department.
- Engaged Team members % expressed by plotting engaged members by team members over time. New Members and Members lost are also plotted in the bar chart component.
- A detailed list of unengaged users and engaged users.
Channel MAE Score
The MAE Score is central to how we measure Channel Engagement. A user, team, or channel is counted as “engaged” in other pages when they have any MAE Score activities (Mentions, Messages, Reactions) in the period.
- Total unique users with channel engagement in the report period.
- The percentage change in engaged users from the previous parallel report period to the current one.
- The total unique users with a M365 licence. This can be further refined from the left filter on this page or the in the right filter pane on any other page.
- The total unique users with engagement divided by users with an M365 licence.
- The total channel activity (MAE Score), the total unique users who are engaged, and the unique number of licenced user. You can use the up and double down arrows at the top of this visual to customize the aggregation.
- MAE Score by date. You can use the up and double down arrows at the top of this visual to customize the aggregation along the x axis (date). You can select the buttons below for a month over month or week over week comparison.
- Click here for a detailed breakdown of MAE Score by activity type.
- Click here for a week over week comparison of MAE Score.
- Looking to demonstrate the growth of channel usage? Click here for a month over month comparison of MAE Score.
- Click here to compare your top five cities by MAE Score
- A detailed breakdown of MAE Score by activity detail. You can use the up and double down arrows at the top of this visual to change the date aggregation on the left.
- The five most recent weeks of MAE Score activity compared by day. You can control how many weeks are shown here in the “Visual Filters” by clicking on this chart then opening the filter pane on the right.
- Step back and compare your channel activity (MAE Score) from previous years. You will be able to analyze seasonality and set goals based on previous activity levels. You can also press the up arrow to see this by quarter.
- Top five cities by channel activity volume (MAE Score). You can expand/reduce the number of cities shown here in the visual filter (right ribbon). This also contains a dynamic axis so you can use the up and double down to change the aggregation.
Teams and Channels
MAE Score, Channels, and Tabs (Tabs if SharePoint is licensed) for each team and channel. We also include the url to take you straight into teams if you’d like to delete or manage certain channels.
Several total actions for each team member. This is a great chart to export. See the FAQ page on how to export data from visuals.
A list of Teams and channels with no activity in the report period.
All Team Owners by Team and their email.
All mentions received by each user.
Total interactions between Members where the rows are the user who initiated an interaction and the columns are the recipient of the reaction. This chart is best used when filtered to a single channel or small team.
The total number of interactions within each team and channel. An interaction is any message, like, or mention with other users in a conversation.
Total messages (bubble size) for each channel plotted across MAE Score and Interactions generated. Using the timescale at the bottom you can observe the shifts in company activity between channels.
Summary statistics on each team and channel. Feel free to click a team or channel in this chart to look at the communication flow within that team or channel.
See how information flows within your organization, teams, or channels. Sometimes called The Hidden Org Chart. Be sure to look out for the following:
Average sentiment for messages within the team or channel for the report period.
See what influences sentiment to increase or decrease.
Average sentiment over time.