|Welcome to our dev blog for the tyGraph Pages Power BI reports! Here we will outline the latest changes and layout upgrades. To get the latest report version, check out this article: Update from a Power BI Template App||Looking for the updates to the Pages Engine? Check out the tyGraph Pages Releases blog.|
Here we list incremental changes but you can find a complete outline of each report page in our Report Guide
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Announcing tyGraph for Atlas!
We are excited to announce tyGraph for Atlas. tyGraph for Atlas is a simplified experience dedicated to perspective that matter to Intranet Owners using the Atlas product. For more information please visit our Atlas product guide.
tyGraph for Atlas Report Overview : Support
Improved Hub Mapping Logic
Front loaded hub site mapping logic in page query. Before if there were pages that hadn't been visited in some time the reports would show the last known Hub for the page. Now tyGraph will consider more recent data about a sites hub mapping then apply that down to all pages within the site rather than for each page individually.
Updated Demo Data
Improved demo data to give more intuitive examples of Search, click events, and user growth.
All New Accessible Theme
We are happy to announce tyGraph Pages and Atlas experiences are now WCAG AA Compliant. The first thing you'll notice is the theme has more contrast and is easier to read. These new layout include darker fonts, larger text, better color contrast, and support for mac devices. We hope this leads to better experiences viewing our reports for all ranges of abilities.
On the "Site Audience" page, the "List These Users" visual in custom saved reports may break. Please refer to this article for details on how to fix this.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
New Click Captures
We now capture "Add to Calendar" and "Search link" clicks.
New GDPR Compliant Options
Changed user physical location visuals to utilize AD Location. AD Location fields can be obfuscated based on your GDPR Settings.
The following affected Visuals will now use AD Location.
- Removed IsNews Page Filter
- New Page Viewer (Refinement)
- Prior new users would count new viewer if you viewed on a new device. Now if user views page for first time on second device
- Included collapsible section reporting in click events (name of section appears in Text Content)
- Identify if Page is in Edit Mode for click events
- Page Author By Line
- Page View Duration (Time On Page)
- More precision to calculate time on page; take into account sessions that span multiple days, and capped 'idle' time on page to 30 minutes
- Page Views
- Added parameter session duration cap
- Added scroll percentage
- Added increased intelligence around user mapping. Enhanced the definition of "New Page Users" and "New Site Users". Previously new page/site users were identified based on sessions, devices, and browser caching. If a user changes any of those, they would count as a new user first time a new configuration is detected. We now enhanced this detection to be based on the user's identity regardless of their device, session, or browser cache.
- New Metrics
- Scroll Percent (average)
- Scroll Percent - Non Zero (Average)
- Unique Viewers Scrolling
- Unique Viewers Scrolling (% of Viewers)
- Metadata Tags
- Content Navigator
Added a search box to more easily find content
Added the Click Area drop down to zero in to the area of interest.
- New Page - Page Metadata
This page allows you to understand your content by page metadata.
- Custom Columns Generally Available
- New Page Viewers Experience - Content Overview
- New Peak Viewers Grid Visual - Content Overview
- New Search Measures
- Omnia Support
Custom Columns Generally Available
In November 2021 we soft launched custom column support for Valo and Clear People pages. This month we have opened up the reports so that you can now filter to Custom Columns as well as their content.
We are excited to the options this new capability will bring and look forward to adding more reports that take advantage of this new capability.
New Page Viewers Experience - Content Overview
We've added a new button experience on the Content Overview Page under the Unique Page Viewers card. Now you can click on this card to explore details on the very users who made those views.
On the right edge of the visual you can change the totals to aggregate by Organization Hierarchy (Active Directory), Location, or to a user.
New Peak Viewers Grid Visual - Content Overview
You can now click the calendar icon on the content overview to see peak days and hours with the most unique page viewers. Many users love seeing the overall peak in viewers by hour or day of the week, this allows you to see the intersection of those points in more detail.
New Search Measures
- Searches Abandoned %
- Searches With Results
- Searches With Results %
- Searches With No Results %
- Searches With Click Result %
Support for Omnia Pages
Thanks to feedback from the Omnia team we have logic that supports measuring page views against Omnia Pages. If you have Omnia pages in your Tenant, we now include page viewdata against that content as well.
Improved Click Tracking
New Dataset Filters
We have added some new measures to the reports.
These properties are now in the data model and can be used to build visuals, slice, or filter data.
- User properties - City, Province/State, Country, Department, Job Title, Office Location, Preferred Language, Usage Location
- OS/Browser Hierarchy - Added Client Type under Client Type Group. This will allow you to separate user sessions based on if they were from Teams, Mobile, or Desktop.
- Page properties - Atlas Template ,Atlas Version, Page First Published Date, Page First Published Time
- Custom Columns - We are happy to announce the initial launch of custom columns ,this will be limited only to Valo and Clear People deployments.
- Versioning Button
- Recently Created Pages Perspective
- New Filters
- Pages Created Detail Button
- User Churn Detail
New Versioning button to show you the version of your Power BI model & engine in the report header. If you click this button it will take you here to our dev blog, welcome!
Recently Created Pages Perspective
Focus your analysis to only pages that have been created recently by pressing the launch rocket. By default this will show you pages created in the last 30 days, but this range can be changed to whatever you like once in the menu. Press the teal reset button to return to the default.
Site Is Atlas - For customers using Atlas you can select "Yes" in this filter to only show those sites and their related content
Site Is Archived - Identify sites that are currently archived.
Site Is Topic Center - This lets you identify the site that hosts the Viva Topic Center
Site Is Teams Channel Connected - Private Channels or External Channels get their own sites rather than a folder in the team document library. You can identify these sites by selecting "Yes" for this filter.
|Site Is Teams Connected - Select a list of sites that are backing normal (non private or external) teams.|
You can now see the total likes on the Content Navigator and News Explorer Page.
Pages Created Detail Button
Added a new button to show details about pages created. We count the total pages created with an "Approved" moderation status for the report period but did not provide much context. Now you can click the button to see a list of all pages created, along with a highlight of those that have an approved status.
When you click this you can also see a plot of all pages and moderated pages created over time.
User Churn Detail
More user churn detail in the content overview. You can now click the User Churn button to see lists of users lost/gained and plotted over time.
Audience Behavior Page
Added the new audience behavior page. This page allows you to understand more about how deep, frequent, and long your users sessions are.
The Audience Behavior page can be found by clicking the icon on the content overview, or right clicking on a data bar to drill through from a site or page data point.