Here we list incremental changes, but you can find a complete outline of each report page in our Report Guide
The latest version of tyGraph for SharePoint was Released in December 2022.
- December 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
The December update is packed with user experience improvements, data exploration enhancements, and a streamlined slick user interface that is easier to read for everyone.
AA Accessibility Theme:
Field Parameter - General Definition:
- Field parameters allow users to dynamically change the measures or dimensions being analyzed within a report. This is a new feature in Power BI and can be enabled in the File / Options / Preview Features menu. This powerful new feature has been added to four tabs within this report: Page Audience, External Activity, Site Detail and File Type Activity tabs.
Site Sensitivity Label Included in The Following Existing Visualizations:
- Report Tab: Site Collection Summary. Visual: Engaged Site Collection Activity
- Report Tab: Content Navigator. Visual: Category
- Report Tab: Page/File Detail. Visual: Top File Activity matrix. And added label to the drill through page File/Page Detail
- Report Tab: Inactive Content. Visual: Primary Table
- Report Tab: External Activity. Visual: External Usage by Site.
- Generic search field text box that allows for filtering by one keyword. This will filter all visualizations on the current page by the word entered and is now present on every report page.
Content Overview Page:
- This new visual has been added - SharePoint site file activity hierarchy by unique file users' totals
- A matrix style visualization that allows one to sort SharePoint sites by the most unique file users and using the plus symbols for each site drill down into the underlying file and site hierarchies that exist.
Page Audience Page:
- A dynamic matrix that is configurable by using the User Attributes slicer which alters what rows display totals for the given columns regarding SharePoint page views and the change in users viewing those pages. This utilizes the new Power Bi feature 'Field Parameters'.
Site Detail Page:
File Activity Line Chart was added to this page.
- This line chart utilizes the new power bi feature - field parameters, and you can now filter external users file activity by numerous different types of file attributes and by a dynamic date X-Axis. See the "Compare By" and "X-Axis" slicers.
External Activity Page:
A slicer configured with different 'User Types' was added to the header of this report.
- This drop-down slicer allows for filtering of all visualizations on the external activity page by User Types that have been populated in each entity's respective Azure tenants. See Microsoft articles for user type definitions.
External Activity Line Chart incorporating the new field parameter data slicer.
- A new line chart that can be filtered using the "Legend" and "X Axis" slicers, allowing for dynamic date and activity comparisons. Showcasing external activity by SharePoint site types.
New site owner Matrix
- This matrix has been added to the External Activity report tab.
- It displays information on Site Owner with the related active status, type, site sensitivity label, activity count and user counts.
File Type Activity Page:
Total Activity Dynamic Line Chart.
- A modified line chart that can be configured by using the following slicers: User Attributes, X-Axis which manipulates the dates, and finally the Activity Type slicer.
File Action by User Attribute Matrix Filtered by User Attribute Slicer:
New Data As Of Calculation
- Enhanced the 'Data As Of' indicator to base it on the latest file activity date, vs. the summary (Usage Report) date. In some cases, the harvest cycle spans a few days and the latest file/page activity gets harvested at the beginning of the cycle. By the time everything is processed and refreshed into the reports, the detail level data for the last few days may not have made it.
A number of minor fixes and improvements in this update.
User Experience Improvements:
User Extension Attribute Filter:
Some customers synchronize their on-premise Active Directory extension attributes with Azure Active Directory using Azure AD Connect using schema extensions. We now have the capability to harvest those extensions and display them in our reports. The harvesting feature is turned off by default. If you would like to turn on this feature, please contact us via Help Desk.
You will notice two new filters in the Filters pane, User Extension Name and User Extension Value, where you will be able to filter on the custom AD extensions.
This release we focused on solidifying an inventory of All Sites along with adding signals to further categorize them. We also added a few new parameters to the dataset options.
This release we added 4 new parameters to better fine-tune the data being imported into the report. If you notice that your dataset is too large or you simply need to scope the reports down to a particular user audience and timeframe, you can now specify a User Column Name to filter, such as "User Country", then specify a list of semi-colon delimited value(s) into the User Column Value(s) parameter, such as "United States; Canada"
The other new parameters are related to the number of detail and summary months of data to bring in. The following three reports are driven by the Summary Period. All of the other reports are constrained by the Detail Period.
- Executive Summary
- Site Collection Summary
- External Activity
The default values are 1 month of detail, and 6 months of summary.
Page View Optimization:
We reduced query overhead of the Page View calculation and expanded the condition to consider page views against all file types not just .aspx pages. This supports the capturing of page views against a specific page file or redirecting urls pointing to it. This includes the base URL of a site that redirects to the declared home page.
New Site Information:
You can now identify sites based on three new attributes. This can aid in compliance, content management, and governance.
- Group IsEmailEnabled
- Group Is Private
- Group IsSecurityEnabled
- Sensitivity Label
External Detail in All User Attributes:
Sometimes users do not have attributes assigned to them like Country or Business Unit. Previously we identified these users with the text <No Information> so that you could see we are still counting users just we had no categorization for them in the given attribute.
Now we have added further detail separating out External Users as their own category. This serves as a good reminder that External users are included in the tyGraph for SharePoint dataset, and you can even have external activity included within visuals. Also external users will rarely have a Country, Business Unit, or Divisional association (since they're not from your tenant) so we wanted to further distinguish them from internal users that just have no HR attribute.
New Content Navigator Report:
With this new layout you can explore your hubs and their sites in a cohesive tree structure.
New Hub Site Information
We are happy to announce that we are mapping hub sites in the SharePoint model. This can be used as a filter, visual element or category in any detailed visuals.