All tyGraph tools can be primarily installed through our Power BI template apps. These template apps can be found in Power BI or Microsoft App Source. Typically, a single Administrator or IT member will install these apps. After which, you can invite your colleagues to the workspace or publish an app to your audience.
Our Apps In the Power BI Service
Our Apps in AppSource (redirects to Power BI)
Keep in mind: You will require a Power BI Pro License to follow this guide: How do I tell if I have Power BI Pro?
IMPORTANT: Please note that all the users of the tyGraph reports require Power BI Pro licenses. Refer to this article for a detailed explanation of your options: What version of Power BI is required for tyGraph? : Support
If you have a Power BI free License, you will need to load our reports from a Power BI desktop model file (PBIX) file. Please see our Updating a PBIX file Guide for details.
We will be doing most of our work in the Power BI service. Please open your browser and log in to https://powerbi.microsoft.com.
|Loading our template follows three steps:|
Step 1: Receive Connection Package
You will need a connection package from us to begin this process. You will have received this from us either at the time of onboarding or related to a change of access.
Keep this information handy as we will be using them in step three. This sample image shows a typical connection package for tyGraph Enterprise apps like tyGraph for SharePoint, tyGraph for Teams, and tyGraph for Yammer.
In this second sample image, we see a typical connection package for tyGraph Pages.
Step 2: Load Report
Next, we install the app in the Power BI Service:
- Go to the Power BI Service
- Click Apps in the left navigation menu
- Click Get apps
- Search for the desired tyGraph product in the Search field
- Select the desired tyGraph product
- Press Get it now.
- If the form does not go away, enter the required* information in the form and click Get it now
- If you've installed this tyGraph product before, a message may pop up. Select Install another copy of the app into a new workspace. You may need to rename if someone else in your organization has already installed our app. App names must be unique for Power BI.
- Press Install
- A box will appear in the upper-right saying Installing an app. When it's ready, click the Go to app button.
Step 3: Connect Data
- Select Apps and then click on your new tyGraph product
- Click Connect. If the Connect screen does not display, click the Connect your data
- Enter connection information from Step 1 and press Next
- Enter service account credentials (from email) and click Sign in
From here you, will see a notification at the top of the screen confirming that a connection has been established and the app is pulling your data into the dataset.
This process usually takes 3-15 minutes depending on the size of your organization. From here you can navigate to your report page. If you don't see a report change and the dataset has completed, you can prompt Power BI to refresh the report or just reload the webpage.
Learning more about tyGraph Products
If you experience issues, you can view the dataset settings and refine your schedule see the guide on How to Refresh a Power BI Dataset.